Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Creative vPlus mp3 player and Motorola A/C adapter...please help me charge this!!?

I need to recharge the battery on my Creative V Plus mp3 player. The only thing that my Zen V plus mp3 player came with was a usb cable that attaches to a computer for recharging it. I am going on vacation soon, and I didn't want to lug around my laptop with me just to charge my mp3 player. I have a motorolla krzr cell phone. The A/C adapter also has a



usb 2.0 port to recharge it. Since the ports match, I was wondering if I could use the wall a/c adapter to charge my mp3 player without breaking it? It says that the voltage output on the A/C adapter is 5.0V-550mA. I contacted Creative Labs, and they wouldn't tell me what the maximum voltage that the player could handle. I don't know how to figure out how much power actually is converted from my computer to the device. Could anyone help me with this problem? Thank you!!



Creative vPlus mp3 player and Motorola A/C adapter...please help me charge this!!?custom myspace





Your AC adapter is capable of furnishing 5 volts at 550 mA. This is more than enough for your mp3 player.



The USB specification provides a 5 V (volts) supply on a single wire from which connected USB devices may draw power. The specification provides for no more than 5.25 V and no less than 4.75 V (5 V卤5%) between the positive and negative bus power lines. Initially, a device is only allowed to draw 100 mA. It may request more current from the upstream device in units of 2 mA up to a maximum of 500 mA.



The tolerances within the USB standard are rather tight, so you should be good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hijack this