Sunday, December 6, 2009

Putting MP3 files into I-Tunes...?

Hi,



I've got lots of mp3 files that I want to put into i-tunes, so I can put them onto my i-pod. I have copied them onto cd's in mp3 format, but unlike when an audio cd is placed into my computer, i-tunes doesnot prompt to import the mp3 files. Is there a way of doing this? Also, I want to be able to import these files in specific order, such as all mp3's by a certain group together.



Any ideas?



Putting MP3 files into I-Tunes...?myspace.com blog





I assume that you're using Windows. If you just want to put them onto your iPod, you don't need to put them into iTunes at all. All you have to do is connect your iPod, select it in iTunes, and then open an explorer window on the CD that has the files on it (double-click My Computer, then the CD drive). Just drag the files that you want onto your iPod in the iTunes window, and it will copy them over.



The iPod will automatically group the mp3's by artist and album if the files are tagged. A tag is just a little bit of data that is added to the "front" of an mp3 file. You can tag your files using iTunes, but you can't change the files that are on your CD's, obviously.



So, you'll need to copy them to your hard drive first, and then import them into iTunes. You can import them by dragging them onto the library portion of the iTunes window, and then tag them by selecting them, right-clicking, and choosing "Get info". You can set the artist and album for more than one track at a time, if you want to. You can also tag them after you've copied them to your iPod by selecting them in iTunes under iPod-%26gt;Music.



If you don't want to tag your files (that is, if they aren't already tagged and you want to leave them on the CD), then you can group them using playlists. Right-click your iPod in iTunes and say "New playlist", and call it whatever you like. Then select your new playlist, and drag them over from the explorer window in whatever order you want. When you want to hear those tracks in that order, just select the playlist on your iPod and play it.



Hope this helps! You can read about mp3 tags, and other software that will create the tags for you, on Wikipedia (link below).



Putting MP3 files into I-Tunes...?unblock myspace myspace.com



PUTT THEMM ON TOO WINDOWWS MEDIAA THENN DRAGG THEMM FROMM THEREE TOO ITUNEES



I THINKK :S



X
Open iTunes. Insert Music CD. Select import in the iTunes menu. It should give you the Music CD as a choice. Select it. I think this is all you need to do. If it doesn't work, maybe read the manual or check the iTunes help site?
iTunes only take MP4 files.
Sorry, absolutely no idea but you had better not bugger this up as I believe there is alot of music you have that your wife is expecting to have on the i-pod from recent downloads so if you don't manage to get them sorted, on your head be it for the consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hijack this