Sunday, December 6, 2009

Mp3 FM Transmitter Help?!?

So I finally got an Mp3 player (non-iPod). I also purchased an FM Transmitter so I can listen in my car (I do not have a cassette deck, just cd). Problem is, the sound isn't all that great (i.e., static, radio station cutting in). I have found that if I hold the cord where the transmitter plugs into my Mp3 player, it works better, but is obviously quite inconvenient. Is there a solution to this problem, or is there another way to listen to my Mp3 player in my car? Thanks for the help in advance.



Mp3 FM Transmitter Help?!?myspace layouts





"Problem is, the sound isn't all that great"



FM radio doesn't have good sound quality anyways. That's what your FM transmitter is broadcasted over. It's only 64 bitrate quality. The higher the bitrate, the better the sound quality is. Mp3 players itself have 128 bit - 192 bitrate quality depending on what bitrate quality music you have on it.



FM radio is not even close to CD quality. CD quality is 940 bitrate.



Mp3 FM Transmitter Help?!?codes for myspace myspace.com



What the other guy said is true, but you also have to put the FM transmitter close to your car's antenna. My antenna is over the rear fender, so I had to run a headphone extension to the backseat, then plug the FM trans back there, and had to reach around to turn the stupid thing on or off. You might try placing your player and transmitter in the rear window or near the car antenna and see if that makes a difference.



I have seen kits that connect directly to the car's FM antenna, so it isn't broadcasting a signal, and is immune to noise, but I've only seen it for satellite radio, not MP3 players (even IPods). That's too bad, and even if there were, prices start at like $70 or so, so modding it to work with your player would be more expensive than getting a new stereo with a tape deck (or built-in MP3 support)



Sorry.
If your FM transmitter allows you to change your frequency, change it to frequency where there is no FM station broadcasting in your area. (tough if you are in a major city, most channels are probably in use.)



Also, if you have an adjustable car antenna, try pushing the antenna all the way down so that it has a harder time receiving signals from FM stations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hijack this