Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Zune MP3 Player Help?!?

Okay.. so I am on the fence about buying the Zune MP3 Player. I have a couple of questions about it first:



- Is it a good product to buy?



- If you own one, do you like it, and does it have flaws? If so, what are they?



- Can you synch songs from Windows Media Player onto it, like regular mp3 players, or do you have to buy songs from the Zune website?



- What are the good things about Zune mp3 players?



- Was it worth the money?



I really need help with this. For those who don't have a Zune, what are good MP3 players to get? I don't want an iPod. sorry.



Thanks!! :)



Zune MP3 Player Help?!?pimp myspace





high five for not being a zombie and wanting an iPod. overpriced mediocrity =/= the best choice.



As far as I know Zunes play your stuff fine and are as good as any good MP3 player.



I think you could get 30 gig ones for 100 bucks at one point so I would say that's worth it for sure. not sure if they can be found at that price anymore, but I'd say go for it.



I think you use a Zune program instead of WMP and you should be able to synch it. You don't have to buy the songs. Limewire ftw huh?



I have a Meizu player (got it at NewEgg.com) which was a little over 100 bucks with tax and shipping. 4GB, very compact (like a credit card). A screen that covers most of the front, plays videos decently, sound quality's fine.



I'd recommend it unless you want thousands of songs in your player.



Good luck.



Zune MP3 Player Help?!?stars myspace myspace.com



i love my zune, i got it from american express last year for only $125 (it was their christmas contest), anyway, it does use the same formats of music the ipod uses, it also plays video, i think 3 formats (the same as an ipod), and it has a sync send where you can wirelessly transfer songs to someone elses zune (i think it has a 10 foot range) and vice versa (for some reason you can only do this 3 times a day)
I've owned both and mostly now settled on the zune.



I think its a good product (reliable, priced reasonably and has good features).



I do like it for a few reasons. The display is quite nice, it has a built in radio receiver, good battery life.



Flaws (compared to ipod), the older version is a bit bulkier and heavier, smaller storage amount (30gb vs 80gb) but that's ok for me.



Funny it is not compatable with Windows media player (seems odd) but the new Zune application is really quite nice and they have put a lot more effort into the marketplace, more organized, and in depth bio's. It does support mp3 format so you can easily switch if you use that format. You just need to point the zune's library search to the right music folders and you are go to go.



I do think it is a good initial effort for Microsoft in this area and they seem to want to give the market a go now with the 2nd generation. If/when I upgrade it will likely be a new zune, overall its a good value for the money.



A few other minor points/nags I've found



- the album art is often not what you would expect and it is clunky to change



- the wireless sync in the 1st gen is basically useless. Who wants to hang around pointing zunes at each other while you transfer a song you can play 3 times? I've heard the 2nd gen is better as you can wireless sync to your computer but I can't say for sure.



- videos need to be converted format wise but there are a couple of low cost alternatives for this is you are wanting to use it for videos



I don't work for ms and don't even own their stock - just a zune owner :) Maybe find a friend that has one and you can give it a try. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hijack this